Grief & Bereavement Counseling
Bereavement and grief aren’t light-hearted topics. Bereavement refers to the process of recovering from the death of a loved one, and grief is a reaction for any form of loss. Both encompass a wide range of emotions such as fear, anger and deep, deep sadness.
The process of adapting to a loss can dramatically change from person to person, depending on his or her background, beliefs, relationship to the person who’s transitioned, and other factors.
Grief impacts our whole self and may find we experience changes in the physical, mental, emotional and/or spiritual parts of ourselves.
Grief and loss can be hard & messy with personal textures and rhythms. No one experiences grief exactly the same. There is no promised timetable for the end of grief. I meet clients experiencing grief with compassion and keen awareness of the process. I encourage and support their flow while they move to a new normal. They utilize my abundant resources and techniques to move toward integrating experiences into their journey…..as they explore the gifts, the meanings, the purpose ……in order to move forward and live.
Grief symptoms include:
- Crying and sighing
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feelings of sadness and yearning
- Feelings of worry or anger
- Feelings of frustration or guilt
- Spiritual Crisis
- Feeling detached from others
- Self-isolation from social contact
- Behaving in ways that are not normal for you
- Anger at God, the Universe or Higher Power as you define them
- Seeking a deeper connection or new connection to a spiritual foundation
- Resisting the urge to let go of beliefs that bring shame and judgment to the grief process
Every grieving experience is different. A person may be able to continue their day-to-day routine after one loss, yet not be able to get out of bed after the loss of someone else. Whatever your personal symptoms are, grief and bereavement counseling have been proven to help.
If you are experiencing grief-related thoughts, behaviors, or feelings that are distressing, please contact me today for a free consultation